I’m pretty sure I’ve created some version of this concoction before, but this is my new absolute favourite upgraded version so here it is! I made this smoothie after an intense workout, which is why I used dates. Alternatively you can use stevia to taste.
I started using collagen powder after sustaining a knee injury. It is a phenomenal protein powder, providing support for collagen loss and cartilage damage to the body. There are so many benefits that I use it every single day! It adds protein to smoothies without altering the taste.
Between the collagen and the peanut better powder, there is a lot of protein in this bad boy!
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie 2.0
- 1 banana
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medjool dates (or stevia to taste)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter powder or peanut butter (PB2/peanut butter slim)
- 2 tbsp Great Lakes Collagen powder (omit if you don’t have some…and then go buy some)
- 1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder (dutch process – the dark kind)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp milled flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- pinch sea salt
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie 2.0”
Yum, why does chocolate and peanut butter go so well together? Love the addition of hemp seed and collagen powder. Looks delish!
Peanut butter and chocolate is my favourite food combination ever Megan!! I don’t know what I would do if an allergy popped up in my house!!