I have attempted frittatas many times in the past and none of them have been delicious as this! There is so much goodness packed into these little gems and the kiddos ate them up despite all of the green! I’ll admit it was difficult to get them to take that first bite, but once I got big brother to partake, little brother happily complied!
These are also good reheated the next day, so feel free to make a big batch!
Mini Paleo Fritattas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup broccoli florets, diced
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (solid top in a can of coconut milk)
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin pan well, or use silicon muffin cups.
Place coconut oil, broccoli, bacon, and red pepper into a skillet over medium heat and cook until broccoli is bright green and bacon is cooked. Cool 10 minutes.
In separate bowl, whisk eggs and coconut cream. It will be chunky. Add spinach and stir.
Empty the broccoli mixture into the egg mixture and stir immediately.
Drop 1/4 cup of egg batter into each prepared muffin cup. Bake 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan, run a knife along the edge and carefully remove.
Makes 7 mini fritattas.
* You may also use frozen broccoli and/or previously cooked bacon. You can substitute another protein if you don’t do bacon!