I’m pretty sure I’ve created some version of this concoction before, but this is my new absolute favourite upgraded version so here it is! I made this smoothie after an intense workout, which is why I used dates. Alternatively you can use stevia to taste.
I started using collagen powder after sustaining a knee injury. It is a phenomenal protein powder, providing support for collagen loss and cartilage damage to the body. There are so many benefits that I use it every single day! It adds protein to smoothies without altering the taste.
Between the collagen and the peanut better powder, there is a lot of protein in this bad boy!
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie 2.0
- 1 banana
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medjool dates (or stevia to taste)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter powder or peanut butter (PB2/peanut butter slim)
- 2 tbsp Great Lakes Collagen powder (omit if you don’t have some…and then go buy some)
- 1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder (dutch process – the dark kind)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp milled flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- pinch sea salt
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.